Nut Milks Recipe
We make our own Coconut & Cashew, and Almond & Date nut milks to reduce waste and for a more sustainable option of milk for our guests.
These milks are so easy to make and the leftover pulp goes into our gluten free banana bread and bliss balls.
Coconut & Cashew Milk Ingredients:
1/2 cup desiccated coconut 1/4 cup cashews Pinch of salt (optional)
Almond Milk Ingredients:
1/3 cup almonds 5 dates Pinch of salt (optional)
Method for both milks:
1. Leave to soak in water for a couple of hours (optional - you can skip this step if you have a high powered blender.)
2. Add ingredients to blender and top with water to 1 litre mark. Blend the mixture well - times vary depending on blender.
3. Pour into nut milk bag or clean tea towel/muslin inside a sieve over a large bowl or pot.
4. Squeeze/wring out the mixture to get all the moisture out.
5. Pour the nut milk into your favourite glass bottle and store in the fridge for up to 5 days of use.
6. Optional - Freeze nut milk pulp until you have a large amount then use in bliss balls or dehydrate in the oven and use as flour in baking.