Coconut Yoghurt Recipe
Ferment your own coconut yoghurt at home
Our thick, creamy and tangy coconut yoghurt is a real winner with our guests at the Eco Villa, it’s so easy to make at home - once you try it you’ll never buy it in the stores again! This recipe makes one litre in an EasiYo yoghurt maker.
1 litre of coconut cream (we recommend Kara)
1 tablespoon white sugar
3 tablespoons of plain coconut yoghurt or 1 capsule of dairy free probiotic powder
Utensils: An EasiYo yoghurt maker (Tip: easy to find at op shops) A rubber spatula A tablespoon measure Whisk EasiYo 1L plastic jar or 1L glass jar that fits into the EasiYo flask
Method: Important - all items must be sterilized before you start.
1. Sterilise in boiling water or run through a hot dishwasher.
2. Pour your coconut cream into the 1L jar.
3. Add sugar or sweetener and the plain coconut yogurt starter or the probiotic powder.
4. Whisk gently and set aside.
5. Pour boiling water into your EasiYo machine up to the marked line. Put your jar into the Yoghurt Maker (steps 2 & 3 of EasyYo process).
6. Put the Yoghurt Maker lid on and leave it to ferment for 8 to 12 hours or overnight but no longer than 18 hours.
7. Remove the jar and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to let the yoghurt set and get even more delicious and creamy!